Sunningdale Care Home
Tel: 01827 69900 | Fax: 01827 58424
Under New Management From January 2016
CQC Report “GOOD” Rating In March 2022
Sunningdale Care Home is a family friendly care home. Providing nursing and residential care. Registered for 42 but operates at a maximum of 36 residents in 30 single rooms and 3 double rooms. Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson’s Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment • Huntington’s • Wound Management
About Sunningdale Care Home
- Located in Tamworth, Staffordshire, within walking distance of the town centre and easy access to bus and train stations.
- Set back from the main road, across two levels with a large main day room, a dining room and also a conservatory.
- Single and double rooms available.
- Most rooms have en-suite facilities and equipped with televisions.
- Regular visits by a local hair stylist with appointments available with Physiotherapist, Optician, Chiropodist and Dentist.
- Friendly and approachable manager and staff. Over 65 permanent staff employed with no agency nurses.
- Extra care staff on duty every day to assist with encouraging fluid intake and regular baths and showers.
- Close links with local groups/churches/schools.
- Significant ongoing investment into the environment and equipment.
- Cater for vegetarians, dairy free, diabetic and soft meals requirements.
- All meals are cooked from fresh local ingredients, taking into account residents’ personal preferences.
- 5 star hygiene rating.
Activities & Events
- Social and recreational activities are provided by the activities co-ordinators seven days a week such as Card games, Board games, Bingo, Quizzes, Crosswords, Reminiscing, Arts & crafts, Easy listening, Shopping trips, Pub lunches, Theatre trips, Garden centre visits and much more.
- The activities programme is compiled from requests and suggestions from residents and relatives. The diary of events is included on the Activities page.
- Activities are designed to meet the physical capabilities and interests of the residents.
- Entertainers are invited every week to the home covering singers, animal therapy, choral singers and magicians. Entertainment is always organised to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries should the resident so wish. Residents’ families are always invited to all events in the home.
- A minimum of two activities co-ordinators are on duty seven days a week.